Tuesday, February 24, 2015

My mind has decided to leave me!!!

So, today my mind has decided to leave me. Not sure where it's going or why but it seems like today is much more of a struggle than any other day. It all started at 4am, when I wake up to make coffee and lunch for James before he heads to work. My brain just didn't want to get started this morning. I messed up the coffee and had to start over and then I almost packed his lunch with a sandwich with no meat. Yep, bread mayonnaise bread. That was it. Well, fixed that and went upstairs to wake him up. He got up and I took the boys down to let them out [Shiloh and Sammy are often referred to as the boys, they're the dogs] So, as I opened the door I realized we had about a half inch of fresh snow on the ground. So, I quickly checked on Spot [the rabbit] to make sure he was good and warm. As I turned to return to the warmth of the house, I walked into the glass door!!!!! BAM!!!!
So, I survived my head injury and headed back inside. Tried to get Lil Bit [other dog] to come out of the laundry room with no success, so now I know I'll be cleaning up a mess from her later. But, she's old and does not do good with cold weather. So, back upstairs I go. Made the bed, got James's clothes out and ready for work and turned on the news. Nothing new or exciting, just lots of schools closing because of the weather.
Then, at five James leaves for work but not before I forgot to get him a sweater and a hat. This was just not our morning! So, I headed back up and  crawled into the bed. At around 8 the baby woke up and my day got a little better.  I love walking into her room in the morning and seeing that smile!! She is such a happy child!!! So, I made her eggs and applesauce for breakfast [I have included my recipe for homemade applesauce at the bottom] Then, we got bundled up and went out to let her experience snow for the first time. [Pictures included]

Oh, and I don't want to talk much about it because I might cry, but my dryer died today!!! He will be sorely missed and I'm not sure how I'm going to move on with my life without him in it!!! RIP Dryer!!!




[Homemade applesauce}
INGREDIENTS
-4 apples (cored and cut into wedges, peel if you want, I don't)
-1/2 cup orange juice
-1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
-2 teaspoons butter

Put all ingredients into pot on the stove and turn on medium high.
Cook for about 15-20 minutes or until apples get soft
Remove from heat and let rest
Place apple mixture in blender or food processor (I use a Ninja)
Blend until desired consistency
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment