Friday, February 27, 2015

I want to be a writer

I have always dreamed of writing. I love to read and I love to write. I've had a few poems published and when I was a teenager I wrote a novel but when I got my first negative feedback (from my sister) I burned it. So, I think I've grown from that now and I want to share some of my poems with the world. Now, I love to get feedback, good or bad. So, if you don't comment on anything else I've written, please comment on this post. It would mean so much to me to know how people feel about my writing.


 

CLOUDY BLUE EYES

By: Virginia Ashley Gipson

 

Even though you're in a better place,

The tears are still streaming down my face.

They say that time will heal all pain,

That doesn't seem to stop the rain.

The pain inside is starting to show,

But, I can't seem to stop the flow.

My endless tears are the years gone by,

I find the only thing to do is cry.

In pain, I feel both mad and sad,

But, from time to time I find the glad.

I think of all the happy times that I can recall,

I think of the love that you showed to us all.

Then, I can finally dry up my eyes,

And, see your face in the cloudy blue skies.

 
The above poem was written after my Dad passed away at the age of 50.


NOTE TO MY CHILD:
Dear tiny child inside of me,
You're growing now it's plain to see.
I feel you move, I feel you kick, And every morning I get sick.
My whole life changed in just one day, When I found out you were on your way.
Slowly but surely, I'm watching you grow, I love you more than you'll ever know.
With each day that passes, the day draweth near, When everything changes and you will be here.
I wonder if you'll look like me or your Dad, But, that doesn't matter. either way I'll be glad!

The above poem was written for Iva while I was pregnant.

No comments:

Post a Comment